Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Crabbing trip

Crabbing Trip!

This weekend we headed over to Dillon's beach to go crabbing! We both thought that this adventure was probably the most fun we've had since we've lived in the bay area. Both our girls were great, despite the fact that we had to wake the girls up early at 7:30 to go. It's hard to do anything when our girls sleep in til 10! (But I love it, I wouldn't trade it for anything!!)

We really didn't know what to expect from this trip since it was a first for us. We actually had some success, we probably caught about 15-20 crabs. And they were delicious!

This was Miley's first time playing in the sand and she really was unsure about the whole thing. At first she just stood in one place for like 10 minutes because she was afraid to walk in it. But gradually she warmed up to walking, then running, then playing, and finally eating the sand! I'd say she loves to play in sand now. :)


I had fun making this collage about Miley gradually loving the sand.



I was able to take some really good pictures of Miley and us. These one's are keepers for sure!


Family pic!


Proof that Makayla was there :) she really was great, she sleep a lot so we didn't have to hold her that much.
You can see all the fog, this place was pretty cold and foggy. Luckily we had some warm jackets and a fire to keep us warm. Funny how the sand was actually warm, so we walked around bare foot.




Love these two pictures of Miley and me!
Ha ha, this also was Miley's first time on a boat, she was a little scared. It was really cute!


Miley had a ton of fun playing with her cousins like always!



Some proof of our sucess! Yum!!

Tenille and Cory Forever!!
For some reason I always do this whenever we go to the beach!

6 comments:

Tawny said...

Cute pictures! Looks like a lot of fun. We love the beach. I love that Miley has 4 marshmallows on her roaster

Unknown said...

Yeah, they were actually ours she was just helping us roast them. :)

Sarah Osborne said...

Love those pictures!!! My fav is the one with the 3 older kids...they look like they are having so much fun :) I always do that heart thing in the sand too...have to updhold traditions :). Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!!

Being Ausmus said...

OK
1. I'm so jealous...what a fun experience...I LOVE crab!!!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

2. You look GORGEOUS!!!! Looks like every single baby pound is gone...once again...JEALOUS!!!

and

3. I love your collage of pictures. I have no idea how to do that...I need to get computer savvy...it looks way cute!!!

James and Monica said...

oh how fun! Everyone looks like they had a good time! YAY!!

Telisa said...

Looks like a lot of fun. You really did get some good pictures. Very cute!