Wednesday, June 3, 2009

BEST DATE EVER!

BEST DATE EVER!

May 31st is such a happy day, not only is it my birthday but it's also my mom's birthday too! She's told me that I'm the BEST birthday present that she's ever received! It's sad that these last couple years I haven't been able to share it with her together, for that reason my birthday is hard to celebrate without her. But this year Cory spoiled me, and made it easy to realize that my mom wasn't there.

This past week Cory's mom flew in for a visit! Since Cory's sister lives in San Fransisco she had lots of reasons to come down. We've been busy traveling up there and they traveling down here. Anyways...so Friday night we decided to spend the night at his sisters and were going to catch a movie and some dinner while Cory's mom watched Miley. This was a badly needed date, and we really haven't been on any dates since Miley was born.
The movie was great! We saw Angles and Demons....highly recommend! Cory had snuck in some of our favorite cookies and drinks. We always do this, I have such a huge purse that nobody knows!! The plan after the movie was to go out for dinner, so when we got to the car Cory had me type in the address to the restaurant...which I had no idea where we were going. When we got to our location, I was completely confused because we were in a residential neighborhood, and there were no restaurants anywhere! We get out of the car and started walking. Cory then tells me that were not eating yet and that were not going back home tonight!
He surprised me with a bed and breakfast suite!
This place was so amazing, it was built in the 1800 one of the last remaining buildings that survived the big earthquake. I learned a lot about San Fransisco's history while there. The owner took us around the historic building and showed us all these pictures about SF.
One interesting thing I learned...
Why is the Golden Gate Bridge called the Golden Gate Bridge if it's not the color of Gold? Answer: Because the bridge is the gateway to the were the 'gold rush' was. Interesting huh?
Like I said this place was amazing, you really wouldn't think it was by just driving by. They have this 'secret garden' in the back that had this canopy with a hot tube made of wood. Very romantic. Then you can go all the way up to the roof and they have this great view of the city.
Anyways so after our tour, they owner had suggested a few places to eat around us. I guess they have 100 different restaurants within walking distance. He suggested this authentic Italian restaurant that was very romantic.
The restaurant was very calming and romantic like he said. It was very small and personable, each table had some roses and a candle. I've never been to Italy but it felt like I was there! The food was really good. I wasn't sure what I was ordering, but it was delicious. What a wonderful end to a wonderful day! This was honestly the best date that I have ever been on, it really makes a difference when it's with someone you love.
It went way to fast, I wish we could of stayed there longer. But sadly all things have to come to an end....and we were running out of money :)
Since he spent a lot on this, we both felt that it would be a combination present. Cory's birthday is this month and next month is our 3 year anniversary. Of course I'm still going to do something for him, but honestly I don't think I will be able to top this!

Here are a few pictures of our night!


This was on top of the building looking over SF.

Here was our romantic dinner! (Those who want to go...it's actually right off the bart station) Were defiantly going again!

This picture just doesn't justify the cool hot tub. We forgot to get a picture of the garden, but I'm sure our picture still wouldn't justify it.
Awww...

5 comments:

Brent and Jessica said...

What an awesome husband you have!! :) That is SOO sweet!!

Sarah Osborne said...

How romantic and creative! You deserved a great getaway, you soon to be mother of 2!

Sar 'n' Car said...

Oh, Cute!! Happy belated birthday friend! I'm glad you had a great day.

Nathan and Colette said...

I like your hair Tenille, you look very beautiful in your Pictures!! I guess pregnancy fits you well.

Brent and Jessica said...

Hey!! We have been having a great vacation! It has gone by way too fast! :) We have been doing something every single day. You will have to post pics of yours, I'm excited to hear about it! We are having so much fun with our kitten, you will have to come see him. I'm sure Miley will love him, Colby sure does! We can't let Colby get too close because he grabs him!! Poor kitten! Well.....GOOD news!!!! Colby is "Scooting" back. He pushes up on his arms and they lifts his little butt up and keeps moving! He will go pretty far. He deff. cannot go forwards but hopefully eventually will learn. Let me tell you Brent has been working with him for the past 3 weeks. Well when you guys get home and settled, lets get together again!! Enjoy the rest of your stay and the 4th! :)