Friday, May 15, 2009

8 months old! How did that happen?

8 months old! How did that happen?

How is our little baby is 8 months old already? It's crazy to think that she'll be one just around the corner. She'll be even a whole different person by then. Here are a few little tidbits about our darling little girl!

*I love that she is a marathon sleeper. She goes to bed anywhere from 7:30-8:30 and then sleeps straight until 7 or 8 and then and then another 2 right after that. She's always been a great sleeper since she was 3 weeks old.
*She loves her food...if you can't tell, she has the cheeks to tell! Her favorite foods would have to be butternut squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, and sweet peas. I haven't given her a lot of fruit yet, but I'm sure she'll love them.
* I love her extremely long lashes and plump lips. She got this feature from her daddy. We can already tell the boys are doing to drool over her! Cory said she's not allowed to date til she's 22...right like that's going to happen. :)
* She loves her bath time! I could leave her in it all night if I let her, she is defiantly a water baby. I can't wait to teach her how to swim! Those that don't know, I'm a licenced Water Safety Instructor...someday I would love to teach again.
*She loves being outside. Whenever she is being fussy all we have to do is take her on a walk outside and she's completely calm.
*She loves the car ride, which is great for us! She'll just stare out the window the whole time.
*I love that she sucks her thumb. It's really the cutest thing ever ( I'm sure I'll change my mind a few years from now) Whenever she sticks that thumb in, we know that she's ready to sleep.
*We just discovered that she loves stuffed animals, she gets this great big smile on her face whenever we pull them out.
* Her favorite sound to make is da-da. I know she doesn't know what it means, but I'll let Cory think that she's calling for him :)
*She loves music. Especially primary music and classical music. We've noticed that she has always tuned into music even as a little baby.
*She LOVES baby einstein. She is totally tuned out to everything else when she's watching it. She even gets mad when I turn it off or it's over. I'm sure she'd love it if I sat her in front of it all day.
*She loves her johny jumper. She goes crazy in that thing, also she could be in that thing all day if we let her. Cory doesn't like her being in it longer than 10-15 minutes a day since, he learned at school that it's not good for there spine.
*She's so strong, we can tell that when she is more mobile she will be going 100 miles an hour! *She's really good at sitting up.
* Still no teeth yet,. If she's anything like me...I was a really late bloomer. I still had baby teeth in 9th grade!
*She's getting better at rolling over, really good at rolling over from her back to her stomach. She doesn't quite understand how to roll back over to her back.
* She has been on 5 airplane rides. More than I ever did at that age! I'm pretty sure I was 12 when I first rode on a airplane. In June our family is going to Canada, so this will be her and my first time outside the country!
* She is going to be a big sister coming this December!
* She is the best thing that has ever happen to Cory and I! And we love our little Miley so much!!!!



See..the boys are already line'n up! Looks like Colby and Stetson are going to have to flight for her!

Our sweet Miley! I tried to get her to smile, but whenever she sees the camera she stops!


Miley enjoying her bath with daddy's help.

3 comments:

Sarah Osborne said...

Oh, Miley is such a beautiful baby! Kyle and I love when we get to play with her! We love and miss all of you. What week in August are you guys coming to visit? Hopefully within the first 2 bc we'll be in California at least the last week of August.

Keely said...

WOW, she is so cute and those eyes are so big! I love the black and white picture of just Miley. Time is just flying by and I think it gets faster the more kids you have. That is so nice that she is such a good sleeper....hopefully this next little one will be too.

Camey said...

She has the prettiest eyes! I was a lifeguard/swim instructor too and both of my kids love to swim in the water! It is fun to teach them!