Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Recap of summer 2012

Recap of Summer 2012

Yes, I know it's been a while since I posted....blogging hasn't been one of my top priorities lately. Between being a busy mommy of 2 toddlers, working out, helping Cory out at the office, and being a home stylist...I'd say I have my hands full! And it's just going to get fuller, with another one on the way! I figured I better post something before I have my next baby otherwise I'll be way behind!

I'm about 34 weeks right now...1 more long month to go! Haha. I feel like this pregnancy has flown by. Maybe being so busy, helps time pass by. Right now, it's getting very difficult to run around like I use to, so I've had to relaxed my schedule a bit. Hince this post.

I made some cinnamon rolls the morning I found out I was pregnant...when I put them in the oven, I stood next to Cory and said "Well it looks like we have a bun in the oven!"  It took him awhile for him to get it, but once he did, he was trilled.

We loved our "bun in the oven" idea so much we used it on Cory's parents. We snuck into there house and put a note on there counter that said "look in the oven." When they opened the oven we had the cinnamon rolls sitting in there with another note that said "A BUN!" Cory's parents had just gotten back from there Israel trip, so this was a nice surprise for them!
I wish I could of done something like that for my parents, instead they just got a phone call. But I did happen to tell them on April 1st, so they thought it was a joke at first. :)
My good friend Chelsi took a couple pregnancy pictures of me. (There's more)

I feel like so much has happened since my last post, I'm not quite sure where I should start.

June 28th, Cory's dad passed away from his long 15 month battle of Brain cancer. It was a heartbreaking diagnosis for the family, and we know that he is in a better place now without any pain.  June 28th, also happens to be Cory's birthday.  Having something so tragic happen on this day, I asked Cory his feelings on having his dad pass away on his birthday...and his response was perfect. He had said "What better way to remember my dad's life."
Rick has been a huge part of our lives, and still continues to be a big part in our lives. His legacy continues.  One of my favorite quotes that has really hit me is "Because someone we love is in Heaven, we feel Heaven in our home." This statement is so true, we feel Ricks presence all around us.
My girls loved Grandpa, this was such a sweet picture of the girls giving Rick a hug.

Our summer continued as we spend time with Cory's family.  We spend our time at pool parties, running a marathon, park days, petting zoo's, jetti island, bbq's, 4th of July, Children's Museum, and the Evergreen state fair. My girls loved playing with there cousins. For weeks after they left, my girls kept asking where Dallin and Carter were.
This is what my girls do when I say "cheese"
4th of July!
The girls and there cousins Dallin and Carter
Watching the firework show
Cory and his siblings, finishing the Seattle Rock n' Roll Marathon!
Jetti Island
Princess Miley.
Evergreen State Fair
mmm....enjoying an elephant ear. :)
For our last summer hurrah, I decided to see my family down in Utah.  Now that Makayla is over 2, we have to pay for an extra plane ticket...so flying all 4 of us to Utah is out of the question. We drove instead. Cory drove us down to Provo, and flew back to work a few days later to get back to work. He really doesn't get much time off these days...okay he gets no time off these days. Haha.
I had no where to go, so I spend 3 weeks in Provo with my Family! It was so nice spending time with everyone, I feel like my time flew by when I was there.  I guess the challenging part of the whole trip was driving back with the girls by myself.  I broke it down into two days. I stopped every 2 hours for potty breaks, gas, food, and to get our wiggles out. We even stopped at McDonald's play land and a park. But we made it, and in all honesty it wasn't as bad as I thought.  Now that were having 3 kids....I'm not sure I could do it again. 
Bradal veil Falls
My sweet Makayla
Miley and Daddy
Smith Grandkids with Grandma and Grandpa
September rolled around, and Miley started preschool and turned 4!!! Seriously, I cant believe she's getting so big! For her birthday this year we had a party at Jump Planet. I was smart and when I saw a living social deal for 6 drop in passes for $20, I bought 2 of them! It worked out great, we had a good turn out and the kids loved it! After jumping we headed over to a nearby park for pizza and cupcakes.  Cheap and easy birthday party! :)
1st day of preschool 2012
This was the picture we used for Miley's party invitation
Thought this was a cute picture of Makayla and daddy


2 comments:

Kari-Lynn said...

Oh we miss you guys. Carter and Dallin still ask to play with the girls too. We can't wait until we can play all the time :)ttedtee

Camey said...

I just wanted to say how cute you are! Kyle and Cory married the best girls! I wish I could do all that while pregnant! I seriously am lucky to make it through the day chasing my kids! Hearing you work out, do hair, and help Cory blows me away! Anyhow congrats on your 3rd girl!