Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tulip Festival

Tulip Festival

I can't believe that I'm actually writing a blog post that happened the same day....and I wrote one yesterday. This never happens.
Anyways, today our little family headed up to see the well-known Tulip Festival here in WA. I had attemped to go once before when Cory and I were first married 5 years ago. We drove all the way up there and they had just cut all the flowers off the day before!! It was so disappointing!
This time around, we planned it perfectly. If we had gone last week the tulips weren't in bloom yet, and in 2 weeks they would have all been over bloomed or damaged by the rain.  We made it right during the prime time where the flowers were in perfect bloom. Plus, we went on a week day so there weren't any crowds. Turned out to be a great day....and the pictures turned out great too. :)

Tulip Town!

Just look at those tulips! As far as the eye can see!

This was my favorite flower combo



Can you tell I'm tickling her?

Our Family

Smelling the flowers

Sweet picture of the girls


We had just announced "who wants some ice cream?"
Can you tell they were excited?

Yes, I'd say they enjoyed it!

Yummy!

3 comments:

Keely said...

I remember that trip 5 years ago, driving all the way up there and being so bummed that we just missed them! I totally forgot about it until I read this blog post. That's so funny! That was pre kids, just the 4 of us went. Crazy how fast life changes....5 years and almost 6 kids between us. Good times. Actually, I was feeling a little sick on the car ride home with you guys and I remember thinking and hoping it was morning sickness.....sure enough!!! :)
Remember driving to Deception Pass and then taking a ferry home? Or was that a different trip? Oh memories!!!
Good job on blogging...2 days in a row! What a cute family you have. All of your pictures turned out so pretty! I miss Washington!!!

Kari-Lynn said...

Oh man, those girls are just adorable...i can't wait to give them big hugs...if they let me:) i have done that twice too driving up to see those and only seeing the stems...maybe next time..they sure are beautiful!!!

Being Ausmus said...

Oh my word...perfect picture taking setting!!! So pretty!!!