Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas,New Years, ect...

Christmas


For Christmas this year, we spent it in Utah. I flew out with the girls 2 weeks earlier. Flying by myself is always a challenge. This year wasn't so bad because I was able to have Cory help me all the way up to the gate. We just discovered that Cory can get a pass to help and assist me, totally going to be doing this every time I fly by myself!! When I got to Utah not much was going on for a few days...my dad actually just had total knee replacement surgery and was all doped on medicine. My mom was actually out of town for a few days judging a drill team competition. My younger brothers were in school still, my sister just moved to Spanish Fork, and my older brother was spending Christmas in Powell. So obviously I didn't plan my trip very well...
But thing's got a lot better once my mom came home and Cory flew into town. We spent time at the Provo mall seeing Santa, shopping, playing at the play place, and going on train rides and carousals. The mall was a hit for our girls. We went there twice. Ha ha.
Riding the carousal.
Train ride in the mall!!
Cory, and my brother Tanner going out for a run with the girls.


The other fun thing we did was going to see the Spanish Fork Festival of Lights. Also, a big hit for our girls. I can remember going to the same light show as a kid! I'm glad that they use the same stuff. :)
We were able to see a few movies as well. Top favorite of the season was "We bought a Zoo." I'm pretty sure I cried a least 3 or 4 times...Cory admitted that his eyes got "moist." Ha ha.
We also saw the new Mission Impossible movie and the new Sherlock Homes one. Both were good too. :)
Christmas Eve was very fun for the girls cuz we had a special visitor....Santa and Mrs Clause! Makayla was very scared of Santa this year, and Miley was all about Santa, reindeer, presents, and Christmas songs.


Posted by Picasa
Christmas day was so nice. We all slept in, opened our stockings, made some yummy baked french toast, and headed off to Church. We came home and then opened our presents....Santa spoiled me this year. Santa got me a nice new camera!! I've been wanting one for a while now, so it was a very nice surprise. Now I just need to learn how to use it!! Cory had already bought his own Christmas present this year...he bought himself a PlayStation. The girls had a mini Christmas/ birthday party for Makayla before we left to Utah. We didn't really want to haul our presents with us. They still we able to open a few things though.

The girls on Christmas day. All ready for church in there matching dresses.

The day after Christmas we had a huge family dinner at my cousins house. Man, I forget how big my side of the family is!! It was so good to see everyone though. The very next day we flew out, but just before my mom had to take family pictures since everyone was all together. Which doesn't happen very often! We then all went over the the Provo Travelodge to say goodbye. We're sure sad to say goodbye, but were so glad that it's land will be put to good use for the the new Provo Temple!!
Goodbye Travelodge!! You've been a huge part of my life!
Me and my dad


New Years

We flew back to WA a few days after Christmas and spent new years at friends house half the time and then the other half we spent it over at Cory's parents house. We just put our girls to bed over at there house and then brought them back home after the party. We had a blast. Good food, friends, family, and fun games!!
So that's our holiday in a wrap!!


New Years Eve

January

This month is going to be a little crazy. Makayla is going into surgery next week to get her tonsils and adenoids taken out. This will be a good thing, since Makayla was a little baby she's always sick! She's a horrible sleeper, and sounds like darth vador. She throws up on a daily basis, her tonsils are so huge the she has to eat very small pieces and soft foods. Makayla forgets that she can't eat too fast and shoves food in her mouth resulting in throwing up! Can't wait for this surgery...just not excited about the whole recovery part!!!
Makayla snoring. This is how she sleeps, butt up in the air. (This was taken a few months ago when she broke her arm falling off the bunk bed)


Although we didn't get our white Christmas while we were in Utah...it snowed for us here in Washington!! We've been having a lot of fun playing in it! Our next purchase will have to be a sled!


Girls helping daddy make a snowman.



umm...don't look at me, I didn't do my hair or makeup!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Beck Family said...

I'm so glad you posted an update. I've been waiting. Looks like your family is doing awesome. You're girls are growing up so much! Its funny because all the years growing up I would drive past that Travel Lodge and little did I know years and years later I would make a friend with the girl who took care of the cigarette butts. It is pretty darn awesome that its being replaced with a temple . . doesn't get much better than that. So glad you got to home for a visit. There is now place like Orem/Provo.

Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kari-Lynn said...

yay, an update...love it and love all the pictures. i can't believe how big the girls are getting...i know i say that often. miss you guys!!!

Nathan and Colette said...

your girls are getting so big, they so cute!! Looks like a fun christmas! THats neat the temple is going where your Travelodge is at, I hope your parents are getting a good retirement from it!

Camey said...

We have the same test. My daughter has the same dress your girls wore for Christmas. Then my twins have the same jackets. I love their hats! Did you make them? Hope the surgery went well! Addy had them out almost a year ago now and the recovery wasn't too bad. She was just really grumpy that first day! Anyhow, I know she has already had it done!
P.S. You look beautiful with or without make-up!