Monday, December 20, 2010

December!

DECEMBER!

Man, oh man the month of December has been so CRAZY! Probably the craziest month in our whole married life!

1)We started out the month celebrating Makayla FIRST birthday on the 7th!! I know everyone says that there kids grow up fast, and it's so true. I can't believe that this time last year we had little newborn. I remember taking newborn pictures and stuffing her into a stocking. How did she get so BIG so quickly?
So here are a few things about Makayla....
*She is a mimic. She tries to copy everything Miley says and does. Really cute.
*She has the cutest 'zoolander' face ever. She does this quite a bit.
* We call her our 'scooter bug'. She gets where ever she wants by scooting on her belly like a GI-Joe. (Miley actually had the same exact scoot)
*Makayla is super tall for her age, 95 percentile for height.
*She has been SICK for 3 months straight! First the stomach flu, then a head cold, then an ear infection, stomach flu again, and now another head cold!  I don't know what it is about this girl getting sick all the time, it's no fun for the both of us!
* When she's not sick, Makayla is a very content, easy going, and happy baby. She always has been. We love our happy Makayla!
*She has 8 teeth!
*Some of her favorite foods include: Pirates booty, bananas, bread, pasta, yogurt, and any jarred baby food. She is such a stinker at trying new foods, but were working on it. :)
*She's just discovered stairs! (We had stairs but we always blocked them off cuz they are so steep)
*She had her first haircut a month ago. I know, I know she doesn't need one, but I can't help myself, it's what I do!
*She love's earrings, or those that are wearing them!
*She is a binky baby, and the funny thing is that she only likes those green newborn ones.
* She's loves being outside. Going on walks, swinging on swings, and playing on the grass
*Love's her baths, especially with her sister.
*She's mamma's cuddle bug, when Miley is asleep and it's just me and her.

I could go on and on about this girl, she is such a fun girl!


We celebrated  by going to Red Robin! Miley had fun feeding Makayka her birthday ice cream.

It's my birthday!


Opening presents!
We had another small party for Makayla at Grandma and Grandpa's house.
2) Cory Graduated!!! We've been waiting a long THREE years to get to this point! It really still feels so surreal to us. Did we just graduate? I say "we" because it defiantly has takin both of us to put him through school. All those long hours at school and clinic has paid off.


The best part about Cory's graduation was that not only did his family come see this glorious event...but his brother Kyle drove 27 hours just to see him graduate. The best part was that Cory had no clue that his brother was coming. As Cory was walking down to his seat at the ceremony, there was his brother standing in the aisle. It was an emotional moment for the both of them.  Ahhh brotherly love :)


The Osborne Family! It's so nice to be supported and loved by family and friends....THANK YOU!


Cory and Kyle.

Doesn't he look so cute?
3)For those that don't know WE'VE MOVED back to Washington. We're currently living with Cory's parents until we can afford and find a place to rent.
But man, packing and moving sure takes A LOT out of you, especially since we did it on the day of Cory's graduation and that we have 2 kids. I really didn't realize how much STUFF we have until we started pulling everything out and into the moving truck....which by the way was the same size of truck we moved to California with! What was my husband thinking, thinking that we could fit our stuff in that truck. But he ushered me over and over that he could do it....man i LOVE it when I'm RIGHT! The important part is that we made it to WA with all our stuff, yes we had to shove stuff into our car, my sister-in-laws car, and the front seat of the moving truck. It was a tight ride up!
We started out our road trip with my nephew having the stomach flu! Poor kid, we felt so bad for him! Then the flu spread to...Cory, Miley, Makayla, my in-laws, Krystal, and Dallin. Just when we thought we were in the clear we all cought bad head colds, including Makayla...again!


Part of our road trip. I just love it when there sleeping, there so cute. I love this picture, she has her tongue sticking out and everything.
4) Cory started WORK!! I can't believe he's started so quickly from graduation. It's so nice to finally be making money now...the only sad part is that we started work during the holidays so we wont be able to see him that much. Still money is nice :)
Cory's really excited about working with Pete Hansen, we've heard lot of good things about him and his business. He's planning on working with him for 2 years, and during this time he plans to learn as much as he can about Pete's business and his success rate.
This will be another wild adventure, but were ready!!


5) Ummm...Christmas is this week? What? How did that happen? I guess I'll be posting more later....

4 comments:

Tara Johnson said...

I am so jealous but excited for you guys!!! Congratulations on all the festivities! You have had a lot going on. It always makes it so much better to spend it with family!

Sarah Osborne said...

Phew! You guys have been busy bees! It was so much fun to be part of Cory's graduation day. And we're so excited to come visit next week!! Assuming we don't catch the viruses attacking all of you that is. I'm slightly afraid...my vomiting refuses to fully go away and I'd rather spend my time hanging out with all of you than in bed!!

James and Monica said...

I love it when you update! I'm so glad you guys made it safely. You have been super busy! I hope everyone starts feeling better soon and Merry Christmas. Love you guys!

The Becks said...

Wow it HAS been a busy month for you guys! How nice that Cory is already working. I'm so excited for you guys with all the new things in your lives. Hope you keep those updates going so we can know how everything is going up north :) MISS YOU ALL!!