Tuesday, March 24, 2009

6 months old!

I can't get over the fact that our Miley is already 6 months old! She learning to sit up and roll over, and she's teething right now! Not fun. She's super fussy when she's awake, I can't believe how much she sleeps! She sleeps 14 hours straight during the night and then 4-5 hours during the day. I have no idea why she sleeps so much! But beside the fact that she's fussy, we love her and get a kick out of her funny new sounds and laughs she makes. So we had an eventful month. Besides not seeing my husband for like a month because of boards reviews, boards, and then finals...we had a lot of fun!

Cory's sister Krystal got called to serve her mission in Southern Texas, Spanish speaking! So she came down for a weekend trip to say goodbye before she left. Sadly, she came right in the middle of Cory's board tests, so he didn't get to see her very much. :(

That next week my parents and my younger brothers came out for there last family trip before my brother Spencer leaves on his mission to Brazil! We had a lot of fun with them, as always. We walked the Golden Gate bridge, walked around the Golden gate park, ate at fisherman's wharf, stayed a night in a bed and breakfast suite in SF, went to half moon bay, walked around a light house near Santa Cruz, and then hitted up a flea market! Whew what a weekend. Miley surprisingly did pretty good...except when we walked across the bridge. She just wasn't having it. Luckily Cory's sister lives right by the bridge so we took Miley there for a nice, badly needed nap! We don't know what we would have done if they didn't live there and if they weren't home!

Here are a few pictures of our fun month.

Cute cousins! Aunt Krystal bought these cute jammies for us! Dallen and Miley really look like they could be twins. Whenever were out in public with them a lot of people think that they are.

Happy birthday Krystal! Since we wouldn't be able to celebrate her birthday with her we surprised her with an early birthday cake. (Thanks Jessica for the recipe...it was a hit!)

Typical Cory, always out exploring. He found these treasures out on the beach this last weekend. He thought his parents would laugh at this picture because it describes him very well as a kid. I didn't think it was very funny when he decided to scare me with the crab, I screamed and it made Miley cry too. :(



So...I gave Cory the job of giving Miley a bath and then putting jammies on her. I came up stairs to check on their progress and this is what I found...Cory gave Miley a mohawk. She does have a lot more hair in the mohawk area, so it's pretty funny that he spiked it up with lotion. It took me a few days for her hair to go back down.


Smith family walking the Golden Gate bridge. Surprising it was a lot longer than we thought it was, so it was a good thing that we didn't bring Miley with us!


Our Chinese Baby. She developed this funny cry, so we had to get a video of it before she outgrew it.

4 comments:

Brittany Boyce said...

Aww, did you guys go to Point Reyes?! I love the bay area!

Tenille, you could totally do pageants! I hate to tell you though, California would be a scarey place to start but I am good friends with both of the current Mrs. Californias and they are AMAZING! They both reside in my family ward.
I really think you would do well so talk to me anytime if you decide you want to compete and I can give you some tips! I really miss you!

Sarah Osborne said...

What a fun month! Wish we could have been there! I love the picture of the 3 of you in front of the lighthouse...really cute :P

And yes, I have found that cooking isn't as hard as I thought when given a good recipe. I will definitely share good ones I come across with you! We're so excited to see you next week!!

Gassers said...

Hey guys.. I found your blog through Janille's and then Telisa's. Hope you don't mind me peeking. Tenille I can't believe your little girl is 6 months old. I have never even seen here. She is definately a cutie!

Sarah Osborne said...

Yes, we need to hang out! Kyle and I wanted to see if you want to come over tomorrow night to watch biggest loser and hang out. We don't have your # so Kyle needs to call Cory :) What day are you leaving? It would be fun to have a girls day!