Monday, October 4, 2010

Lake Powell Trip

Lake Powell Trip - Miley's Birthday - Provo Trip

During our last and FINAL break of Chiropractic school we spend in Lake Powell and in Provo. I still cant believe that we will be finishing up school in like 2 months! I guess I'm still in denial about leaving. I really love living in the bay area, we've made some life long friends here. We love the ward, the steet, the weather, the million places to tour, and all the HELP we've gotten through the state such as medi-cal/food stamps/wic/rent/gas/books! Seriously it really pays to be poor, haha! We've been so blessed not having to worry about those things.

Anyways, Lake Powell was so much FUN! My oldest brother actually works down at Lake Powell in one of the resorts there. Every year they let him rent out a house boat...for free! This seriously was THE biggest house boat on Lake Powell...a 75 foot to be exact! Anytime we floated by people we could see them gawking and sometimes could see them mouthing the words 'look at that boat'.... In the past whenever we've gone to Lake Powell we've just camped on the beach, so having house boat was a luxury! It was especially nice because we had babies, without the house boat we probably couldn't do it!

Here's the boat! There was even a hot tub on top! Not that we needed one though...


We started out our our trip celebrating Miley's birthday! I'm so sad that she didn't have the birthday party we planned for her before we left, but our plans changed and we ended up canceling it! Instead we spent it traveling down to Lake Powell...not the best birthday for her I'm sure. But she's 2, she probably wont remember it anyways.
When we got my brother's place that night I had a small family party planned. I made some homemade red velvet cupcakes....that ended up getting squashed...haha. We'll they tasted good, so that's all that matters, right?

I just cant get over the fact that she is 2!! Seriously where did the time go? I love the stage she is in right now. She's talking so much now, half of which I have no clue what she's saying. She's learning so much, she seriously picks up on a lot! So far she knows most numbers, shapes, and letters of the alphabet. Right now she's learning colors....and potty training! ahhh! Our goal is to have her potty trained by the time we leave here. Well see how well that goes....

Happy Birthday Miley!


Cory doing his fancy back flip!


Me on the Wake Board. Nope, can't do any fancy tricks....what you see is what you get. Haha


Playing on the beach with Makayla. She really loved splashing around!


One of our favorite things to do in Lake Powell is Cliff Jumping! I can't believe I caved in and jumped off a 50 foot cliff! This video is of us jumping off.
The guys were crazy and decided that 50 feet wasn't high enough...so the jumped off a 60 foot one!!



We had fun burying Uncle Sid! Cory added a nice touch...haha


This was the funniest thing ever!!


Miley loved going on the 'boot'. She really loved playing with her cousins, and playing on the beach.





Ready to eat lunch on the house boat.


There wasn't any bathtubs, just showers on the house boat...so we gave all the kids baths in the sink. Miley defiantly has out grown the kitchen sink...but it was still really cute.


Miley did SO good on the boat. We didn't hear a peep from her the whole boat ride! She'd just sit there with her sun glasses and life jacket on.


Yumm...and oh so messy!


Miley and cousin Parker reading with Grandma.


Beach bon fire! Makayla was sleeping...


After our week in Lake Powell we spend a week at my parents place in Provo.
It was so nice to be able to have a relaxing weekend, and have some fun as well.


Makayla hanging out on grandma's couch. Can you see the 2 teeth on the bottom? While we were in Utah she cut through another tooth on top...so she was a little sinker. A cute little stinker though :)
Also on this trip she started picking up her first words! "Uh-oh, da-da, and hi!!' And just this week 'wow'.


The cousins in there PJ's. My mom watched Parker for a week while Lori went on a girls vacation. (Congrats to Lori by the way...expecting a new baby girl!!)


Date Night! Cory's good friend from BYU-Idaho and his wife went to Comedy Sports with us to listen to some stand up comedy. So fun! I haven't laughed so hard in a really long time.


Some girl fun. I love hanging out with my childhood friend, Kristy when I come home. We have the tradition of going to Panda Express and then shopping or a movie...this time we saw a movie. One of my favorite things about Provo is the dollar movies! I'm sad they don't have one here.

3 comments:

Tara Johnson said...

looks like a blast! i have only been to lake powell once, and i really want to go again! I can't believe you are almost done!!! not fair, but we are getting there.

Being Ausmus said...

What a trip girl!!! I can't help but be a weensy bit jealous!!! I'm am also incredibly jealous of that bod you're sporting!!!! You look AMAZING!!!! So happy for ya!!!
xoxo

Rebecca Robison said...

I LOVE THOSE CUPCAKES!
And by the way you are such a beauitful mother! Love the pics!
Miss you guys!